So sure, it’s ideal to get in a workout at the gym, or wake up before the kids get up and burn some calories doing cardio. Right? Well, I understand that there are days for everyone where it is just not possible. Especially with this cold and flu season upon us (I’ve been suffering) there are days where maybe the kids are sick and you can’t leave home or you have back to back meetings all day and then a family tend to after work. Whatever it is, it is what it is. Ok, so some unconventional methods to make sure your burning calories all day, everyday.
Five ways to get started now:
1. Multi task your ass (this may be harder for men, from my experience-just joking). Literally, whether you’re on a conference call at work or a phone call at home, get off your but and work it. Standing and holding a squat, walking lunges, or just standing and squeezing your tush for 15 seconds then releasing it. Get the blood flow there and engage those muscles.
2. Take the stairs and park farthest away from the door. So skip the elevator. You will strengthen your heart as well as get a nice lower body burn. Every calorie burned counts!! Parking. I see people circling again and again trying to find a spot closet to an entrance. Not me. Nope. I’ll find a spot further away just to get in the few extra steps, stretch out my legs and enjoy some fresh air.
3. Put some spice in your diet. Though there are all those “miracle” foods that you should be eating there are also simple spices that stoke your body’s fat burning ways. Warm spices like cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger, and mustard all help increase the body’s metabolism, while increasing your thirst-water is our friend!
4. You don’t have to go on a crash diet to lose weight. All you need to do is make small changes in your meals. Have open-faced sandwiches instead of using two pieces of bread, eat a piece of fruit instead of a candy bar, use milk instead of cream in your coffee, or switch to brown rice instead of white. By eating wholesome foods and making healthier substitutes, you’ll end up consuming fewer calories and being less hungry, which can be the equivalent of a workout every day.
5. The best for last. Have sex!! Yes, it’s true: A romp in the sheets is a calorie burner, and research suggests sex also is a boost for heart health. Your partner certainly will appreciate your efforts to use sex to get fit and trim. OK, safe, protected with your partner kind of sex, don’t want any hate for suggesting this but I am writing about unconventional methods of getting fit without trying!!